Monday, January 04, 2010

Looking Forward to 2010

Most of the plans I will draft for this year are in alignment with last year's, with a little rearrangment and some additions.

1 Health & fitness is my top priority this year. Whatever I was doing the last 365 days didn't do much to change the way I feel about my body so there must be something I was missing or not doing right.

This year there's not to be a day without exercise. It has to be part of my life, part of my being; Like breathing, you can't do without it.

2 There's always room for improvement and there's always something new to learn. Education is incessant in the university of life.

I will always strive to be a better nurse whatever specialty I'm practicing. I want to be a better team member to my colleagues and a better care provider to my patients.

3 Who doesn't love to travel? Each year there has to be one new place, be it a US city or another country, that I will explore.

I actually already have three places in contention for this year which were planned last year.

Peru to Machu Picchu with my eldest sister; New Mexico to visit a HS friend and experience the state's hot air balloon festival; or Kenya where a graduate school classmate who is based there encouraged me to catch the wildebeest migration.

4 Michael Jackson passed away last year without me seeing him perform live. From then on I vowed to watch every artist that I like as much as possible.

But even before the king of pop bid farewell, there is one musical genius whose concerts I pledged never to miss.

I'm looking forward to another magical night of movie music with maestro John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl.

5 I am responsible for all aspects of my life, and that includes love & romance. I need to go out more as there is much to explore in the vast ocean of single gay men.

Wanting to see me finally get hitched, or at least laid (LOL!), a friend's encouraging rant went from "Go. Go. Go." to "D8! D8! D8!"

7 In line with getting fit, my spirit of adventure wants to experience a thrilling adrenaline rush. I hope to do indoor skydiving again in preparation for the real thing.

If not that, then maybe whitewater rafting. If life gets too busy, there's always Magic Mountain which I've never been to. :)

8 And who doesn't love to eat? As long as my bloodworks are still in the norm and my fitness regimen is on track, I shall pursue my gastronomic adventure with relentless pleasure.

All the best of 2010 to all & sundry!

4 comments:

  1. "pedro, sounds like a good plan. although i;m back in los banos now, i'm still working things out to get back to kenya either july or september. so don't cross that plan out just yet!"

    Mutya Frio
    Fri, February 5, 2010 11:51:50 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. "payat mo na dude!...next post mo dapat hunk na ah! mas madami ka pang ma D8 D8 D8 nyan!!! hehehehe"

    Wilfred Abrigo
    Sun, February 7, 2010 2:07:00 AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tnx 4 d encouragement, Wilfy. :) Kmsta buhay down under? Better 4 u & family there than here? Ingats.

    ReplyDelete