Thursday, January 29, 2009

Last Night

The morning sun shone brightly. Its rays kissed my forehead as I stepped out of the hospital. Its glimmer, blinding my night-accustomed vision momentarily, suffused the sky with a tranquil hue of blue. Its warmth, blending with cool night air, sent the scent of morning-misted leaves wafting throughout.

It is the end of the 12-hour night shift again. And last night was literally my last night as a night shift nurse. I never thought I'd kiss my nocturnal world goodbye this early. Having only recently bought a car over Thanksgiving, I was looking forward to discovering LA after dusk, nights out with friends, and possibly dating.

But it is the end of a period in my professional life today and the start of a new one. I have ceased working as a night Telemetry nurse and will start anew as a day Recovery nurse. Things are looking up.

Today I will sleep in the daytime, perhaps for the last time in a long while. Will I ever go back to working nights? Who knows when new opportunity knocks.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Photo in this post is author's property.

2 comments:

  1. I see the answer to my question about dating. Well, the good thing is that you will be in step with a larger percentage of the world! *-)

    Congrats on your achievements and here is to your new adventures!

    - B!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your question about dating?

    ReplyDelete