Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hollywood Bowl Opening Night '09

One of the signs that says summer has arrived in Los Angeles is when the Hollywood Bowl opens season.

My colleagues and I caught the Bowl's opening night. It was also the 10th anniversary of its Hall of Fame inductions.

The two inductees of the night were New Zealander soprano Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and L.A.'s very own Josh Groban.

The thumbnail photo is a link to an online album.
HB Opening Night '09
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Photos & videos in this post are author's property.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you...enjoy your summer while Legazpi, Albay ay mararanasan ang typhoon Feria in a few hours...Signal 2 kami...

    Claiborne M. Cano
    5:17am June 23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Clai, bagyo! So cool! I miss typhoons in the Phils. Tapos ma-brown-out. Tapos makaon kang sardinas buda maloto na nag-aaso pa. Hay, siram na sana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun Peter!

    Rose David
    7:17am June 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, kasama ko sina Elena at Mildred nito, plus kapatid ni Mildred.

    It's fun going to HB, the mood is very festive. We should go one time and get those box seats, and maybe dine under the stars right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hollywood Bowl is one of my most fave things to do in L.A.

    Jeff Turner
    1:18pm June 23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever lived in LA, Jeff? Or you just visit often?

    I love HB! I never miss a John Williams concert. Now, I think I want to watch each opening night, too. :)

    ReplyDelete