Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Big Bear Adventure Weekend 2009

Thumbnail photos are links to an online album. Click on each one to be redirected.

It's a summer to remember up in Big Bear Lake, CA where I volunteered for a gay event. Big Bear Adventure Weekend 2009 is the first annual summer party for hairy gay men and their admirers.

I've never been to any gay event or venue ever since I came to the US the last two years, and BBAW is the perfect opening act for my orientation to the gay scene.
BBAW

Along the way, I met new friends - fellow bears and their admirers.
Furry Friends

Gay men love dogs - because they're such man magnets. :)
Four-Legged Friend

Bears are hot when wet. We give stiff competition to our heterosexual counterparts.
Hot Water

When I first laid eyes on him, my camera called on me to capture the moment. Standing beside a counter looking poised, his eyes were the epitome of unabashed calmness.

It was not until I mustered up enough courage to strike a conversation with him in the pool that I knew who he was - DJ John Le Page.
Man of My Summer Dreams

A perfect way to end the 3-day summer fun. We were so hot (I'm talking temperature) we gobbled up our ice creams before we can even think of taking pictures of it.
Sweet Fangs

If you're planning on going to Big Bear, consider Big Bear Hostel. Share the room, the bath, the kitchen, the living room, and gain new friends - without hurting your wallet. It's $28/night. Can you beat that?
Big Bear Hostel
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Photos & videos in this post are author's property.

10 comments:

  1. it looks like you had an awesome time....im proud and happy for you Peter!
    - Rose David, Thu 2:41pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. peter, i need to hear this story in person from you when we see each other!!!! sounds like a lot of fun :)
    Jennifer Guillem-Low, Thu 3:17pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks really fun! I ♥ me some bears! come visit Orlando for GayDays...some bears migrate this way that time of year...lol
    Claire Rex, Thu, 9:33pm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, tingk yow! I did have an awesome time. Kailngan mong marinig ang kuwento ko. So lend me your ears, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeni G, kahit hindi mo sabihin talagang magkukuwento ako. :D! You gotta hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, when is it again? I'm gonna put it in my calendar this time...promise. Maybe I'll go with my newfound fellow furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. call me anytime. im dying to hear your stories....
    - Rose David, Fri, 4:04am

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's every first week in June...so try to make it next year! you'll have tons of fun!!!
    Claire Rex, Fri, 8:54am

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hindi puwede sa telepono ang kuwento, Rosita. Dapat kuntodo facial expression. We have to see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ClaiRex, got it. It's on my iPhone calendar now! I'm going to make plans before the year ends.

    ReplyDelete